Faithful Dog Refuses to Leave Her Deceased Owner’s Grave

 


  January 6, 2018


A devoted dog refused to leave her recently deceased owner’s grave in a heartbreaking video filmed by family members.

Deta was visiting the graveside of her 86-year-old human, who died a couple of months earlier. Deta, who was the woman’s constant companion, did not want to leave the cemetery in New York, even when called.

Theresa, the 86-year-old’s daughter, and her husband, who now take care of Deta, couldn’t get the little dog to budge.

“Come on Deta, let’s go,” encourages Theresa.

At one point Deta does get up from the grave but she stops and returns.

“Deta you have to leave the cemetery, come on!” says Theresa’s husband.

Theresa is reduced to tears as Deta returns to sit beside the grave. “Oh my god. Aw, it’s making me cry. Deta! Deta! Deta!” she says


Theresa later wrote online: “Deta belonged to my mother for five years and I inherited Deta on my mothers’ death. My mother was 86 when she passed and rarely left her home. Deta was a constant companion. My husband and I were placing a Christmas wreath on my mother’s grave on November 15.

“That stone Deta is laying next to belongs to my father and mother. You can still see the fresh dirt on my mothers’ grave. She passed September 24, 2017.

“Deta (which means ‘little’ in Slavic) was being so quiet when we arrived, which is so out of character. My husband had to go and carry her from the grave to get her to leave.”


No comments:

Post a Comment